Use the food planted and harvested from our local farmers
Use Our Biodynamic produce for flavour
Use Our fresh ingredients for wholesome goodness
Lentil and Cashew Burgers
Contributed byCaroline TrickeyServes8 pattiesTime50 minutesA great plant-based burger patty alternative with delicious flavours and wholesome ingredients, including organic lentils and cashews!
1 tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil + up to 2 tbsp extra for frying
⅓ cup organic raw cashews, whole and broken
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp organic curry powder
2 medium carrots, grated (1 cup)
1⅓ cup organic French-style green lentils, cooked (see packet for cooking instructions)
½ cup organic wholegrain rolled oats
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
½ tsp salt
Finely ground organic black pepper
1 tbsp organic wholemeal plain flour
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add a drizzle of oil and the cashews and toss around until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat, add the tablespoon of the oil and the onion, cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add garlic, curry powder and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cooked lentils and egg in a food processor and process until pureed.
- Place lentil mixture, onion mixture, toasted cashews, oats, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into eight burgers. If you have time, cover and refrigerate the burgers for 1–2 hours as they will firm up and become easier to handle.
- Sprinkle the flour on a separate plate. Coat each burger in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat some of the extra oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Serve topped with relish or tzatziki along with a lovely winter salad or serve in a multigrain roll with lettuce, avocado, grated beetroot, grated carrot and relish.
Almond, Lamb and Pumpkin Cous Cous
Contributed byHonest to Goodness CommunityServes4Time30 minThis is a fresh, healthy and easy couscous dish which can be served as a main or side dish. Adding a meat to a salad is a easy way to increase your protein intake.
1 1/2 cups organic chicken stock
2 tsp organic cumin powder
1 tsp organic ground coriander seeds
1 cup organic wholewheat couscous
400g pumpkin, steamed & roughly chopped
6 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup flaked almonds, toasted
1/2 cup continental parsley leaves, plus extra for serving
1/4 cup organic sultanas
600g (approx 8) organic lamb fillets (tendorloins), trimmed
1.5 cups natural yoghurt
- Add coriander and cumin to chicken stock, bring to boil.
- Pour stock over the couscous, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, fork couscous until fluffy and grains have separated.
- Add steamed pumpkin, tomatoes, almonds, parsley and sultanas.
- Toss well to combine and adjust seasoning.
- Grill lamb fillets on a hot pre-heated grill plate (2-3 minutes) each side until done to your liking, rest (5 minutes) before slicing diagonally and serving.
- To serve, divide couscous between 4 plates, top with lamb and drizzle generously with yoghurt.